Tuesday, May 06, 2003
Scroll, scroll, scroll.
That was a reeeeeeeeeeeaaally long post. This one shall not be. I'm just posting the doll I made (as predicted) while watching TV.
She's Tsinali, and a fairly random one at that, but she counts as something of a story doll because she is a culture study of sorts. She's a musician (well, obviously) and has the appropriate face-markings, blue for performing arts. I got kind of lazy by the time I shaded the skirts, but the blouse is rather intricately decorated in typical Tsinali fashion. Tsina decorate absolutely everything. I imagine that all Tsinali-made violins have blue trim. Note also the large amount of jewelry which is fairly standard as well.
I've just decided that her name is "Ganali" which means "high" (in elevation, as in vertical distance from the ground) because she has remarkably long legs.
Okay, so really I just wanted to try one of these cool musical bases. I think this is the biggest doll I've ever done. I begin to understand why people who have been making dolls for a while use so many different and unusual bases—one gets bored and feels like trying something new.
Sarah - 12:16 AM - 0 comment(s)
Comments:
Post a Comment
Archive (leftovers)
|
February 2003|
March 2003|
April 2003|
May 2003|
June 2003|
July 2003|
August 2003|
September 2003|
October 2003|
November 2003|
December 2003|
January 2004|
February 2004|
March 2004|
April 2004|
May 2004|
June 2004|
July 2004|
September 2004|
October 2004|
November 2004|
December 2004|
January 2005|
February 2005|
March 2005|
April 2005|
October 2005|
November 2005|
December 2005|
January 2006|
March 2006|
April 2006|
