Monday, April 07, 2003
I hate scheduling.
Next year, I shall be a senior. Yay. Woohoo. I am so excited. No, really!
You see, there's this little course I have to take next fall known affectionately as "Senior Lab". This is basically physics major hazing, where they chain you down in the basement and let you out occasionally for food and water. I'm not kidding! Seniors have been known to come to lab in their pajamas and are often accused of spending their lives down there. In the basement. There are no windows.
But the worst thing at the moment is that senior lab takes up a scheduled block of time every Tuesday and Thursday for the entire afternoon. Which is a nice way of saying that it takes your schedule, chews it up into digestable chunks, and spits out the remains into a pitiful pile at your feet, from which you are expected to piece together something resembling a set of courses that will not result in a nervous breakdown before the semester is halfway over. (Because, after all, you have to survive at least long enough to finish enough labs to at least pass.)
After getting all of this dubious benefit from being surrounded by French all the time, I can't take any French classes because, well, there are only three, two of them are on Tuesday/Thursday, and I am not taking the Intro Literature course. I have been reading and having discussions entirely en français since my first semester at college, and I do not need to be coddled and made to do busy-work.
My guitar instructor's name no longer appears on the course of study, which makes me sad. :( I don't know what's up with that, and what is more relevent, I do not know what section to sign up for! (Not to mention the fact that I don't know who to get approval from...)
So I need a third academic course (I can't take four with the Lab of DOOM and guitar and choir), and it can't be in French. And it can't be one of the two courses I would need to get a Scientific Computing concentration, either, because all of them are only offered in the spring. *sigh*
I suppose I could do an independent study...but that would require some serious initiative!
And I still do not know what I am doing this summer.
Sarah - 4:09 PM - 0 comment(s)
Comments:
Post a Comment
Archive (leftovers)
|
February 2003|
March 2003|
April 2003|
May 2003|
June 2003|
July 2003|
August 2003|
September 2003|
October 2003|
November 2003|
December 2003|
January 2004|
February 2004|
March 2004|
April 2004|
May 2004|
June 2004|
July 2004|
September 2004|
October 2004|
November 2004|
December 2004|
January 2005|
February 2005|
March 2005|
April 2005|
October 2005|
November 2005|
December 2005|
January 2006|
March 2006|
April 2006|