Sunday, April 27, 2003
Christ is risen! (He is risen indeed!)
Except that at my church here, everyone said "Christ is risen indeed", even though the guy reading the prayer said to say "He is risen indeed". Go figure.
I wore my one dress (okay, I have others, but they are in Ohio) to church today. It felt really good to be specially dressed up and looking pretty. It was the long, sleeveless one with wide straps (yes, girls, that means strapless bra time—I apologize to any guys who may be reading this, but this is my blog, and I will talk about my underwear if it is relevant or if I feel like it) and big, gorgeous red roses all over it. I got a few compliments. :) And I wore my hair "down" with clips in it (the first time I've done that here, in fact the first time I have ever successfully put clips in my hair), and I found my sandals in my closet. I'd forgotten I even had them up here.
Afterwards, during the obligatory cake-and-coffee session (did I mention that German church ladies make the best cake?), it came out that a bunch of us are leaving fairly soon, so it was decided that the next student night should be moved up to next week. I suddenly found myself volunteering to make cookie dough. I'm going to make snickerdoodles (again), except I think that what I'll do is make the dough before hand and cook them at church. Snickerdoodles are great when they are cooled off, but they are to die for fresh out of the oven! This is good. This will ensure that I actually go to student night and enable me to use up most of the ingredients I bought last weekend.
I need to call home as soon as I'm done with this so I can talk to my parents about travel plans. The original idea was for my dad to fly up and rent a van to take me back, but packing up my stuff and shipping it and then just flying back myself is looking better and better. It would take some serious organizing, but it could get me a home a lot cheaper. At this point, I'm mostly just concerned about my (expensive) guitar, but Lora says that I could just check it at the gate and they would take good care of it for me.
My other goal (tentatively) for today is to get "caught up" with the various Briarsville adventures that Salli and I had to let slide. I think it's stressing Salli. Of course, Rona is here to remind you that if you think you have been waiting a long time...Rona has probably been waiting longer. ;)
Sarah - 2:20 PM - 0 comment(s)
Comments:
Post a Comment
Archive (leftovers)
|
February 2003|
March 2003|
April 2003|
May 2003|
June 2003|
July 2003|
August 2003|
September 2003|
October 2003|
November 2003|
December 2003|
January 2004|
February 2004|
March 2004|
April 2004|
May 2004|
June 2004|
July 2004|
September 2004|
October 2004|
November 2004|
December 2004|
January 2005|
February 2005|
March 2005|
April 2005|
October 2005|
November 2005|
December 2005|
January 2006|
March 2006|
April 2006|
I need to call home as soon as I'm done with this so I can talk to my parents about travel plans. The original idea was for my dad to fly up and rent a van to take me back, but packing up my stuff and shipping it and then just flying back myself is looking better and better. It would take some serious organizing, but it could get me a home a lot cheaper. At this point, I'm mostly just concerned about my (expensive) guitar, but Lora says that I could just check it at the gate and they would take good care of it for me.